Darren asked me to look into something on GIC I had skipped. Apparently you can create a log in and tag articles, create folders to save articles in and, best of all, set up feeds.
The folders and tagging are easy to use once you realize they're there. You have your own dashboard to go to, like we have with the blogs. If people use these there'll be less "I found this article, printed it and lost it. Now I can't find it again!" And now they'll be able to build a collection of articles over time.
The news feeds are interesting, and something I think many people will enjoy once they know we have them. You can get a feed to a newspaper in general (and they of course have papers from around the world) or you can get a news feed on a certain topic or place. You can pretty much just put in a search term and create a feed off of it. So you could get a Child Labor news feed, or a news feed on Burma.
As long as we made sure the public knew about these options, I think it would be a big deal. It would help the high school students, but I think it would be best used by the adults - especially college students.
Mary
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment