Monday, March 16, 2009

EBSCO Student Research Center

The basic search is simple and well designed, offering check boxes for different types of information. Also helpful in assisting students is the ability to restrict results to reading level of elementary, middle and high school. A column on the left hand side of the main screen offers searching by academic subject for quick navigation. The biggest problem with this database is that it is obscured on our web site, needing five clicks or rollovers to reach: OBPL--> Teens --> Databases and Newspapers --> Student Research Center --> Student Research Center (again.) I think this database would receive much more use if it was "broken out" and made more accessible. Despite the accessibility problem, I think this is a valuable database for helping students with papers and assignments, and I think that it should be given a more prominent place on our web site. (Tim)

No comments:

Post a Comment