Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mango Languages

I spoke to a customer today who was interested in Mango Languages. She said that her granddaughter had access to it from her library and she was interested in learning Italian with her granddaughter.

I spoke with Ryan from Mango Languages (link to trial) and he said that they will be adding an additional 16 languages in the next few months including Hindi, Irish, Thai, ESL for Russian, ESL for Chinese & a generic ESL. He walked through a lesson to highlight some of the features they offer. On their homepage, customers can search to see if their local library offers the service. He said they set that up to drive people to the library sites (I'm sure they're also hoping that people will call the library and ask about it). Lessons are self-paced and can be bookmarked. The main focus is on speaking, but they do offer some grammar. If we decide to purchase the service for the start of our fiscal year, the cost is $3000/year. Otherwise, it will go up to $3500/year.

C. L.

No comments:

Post a Comment